Starting an Internet Business !

...This blog is about my startup in Internet Marketing (in its broadest sense).
...follow it and save yourself time, pain and money!
...seeking, Learning, Building....and Earning!


Saturday 10 April 2010

What I did in March.....

What has the last month been about?
  • * some ongoing maintenance of existing sites - a couple of them are seasonal and as we come into spring in the northern hemisphere then some tweaking is required.
  • * a couple of new site templates ready for content when I'm on holiday (!) - the pros and cons of an online business!
  • * picked up some training from niche profit classroom. I paid their subs and am working my way through their videos (hundreds of hours). So the seeking and learning bit of my strapline continues, with a bit of building. I wish the earning would hurry up......
  • * the wordpress training they provide is really detailed and illustrates what a powerful package it is, and their niche site marketing training is fantastic; however, getting a wordpress site up and running in their format involves a great deal of work. There's nothing wordpress can do that I can't do a whole lot easier with xSitePro2 including scheduling web-page publication dates.
  • * converted a dreamweaver site to xSitePro2 because the owner wanted easy occasional maintenance  and had too relearn dreamweaver every few months (sometimes too much flexibility can work against you). The intuitive interface of xSitePro2 is much easier, with very little loss of flexibility. Results here are www.artsplaza.com . Some people say that there is a 'look' about xSitePro2 sites that makes them 'samey' . I don't think that at all, you can do a hell of a lot with some imagination and design effort using xSitePro2. They have loads of templates and thousands of header graphics to choose from, together with a 9-panel page layout model that works like a dream.
  • * I have spent a lot of time on a new site development using the principles that I learned from niche profit classroom - I am writing a new ebook and 30 associated articles, have got my productivity up to 4 articles a day at the moment, and my eBook is shaping up nicely! This site should be launched before my next report. Still trying to find some free ecover software that does the curvy paperback look - I can do the hardback version easily with free software. It's probably a Gimp thing...
  • * my paint.net skills are improving by leaps and bounds, and I only use Gimp if there are some Photoshop files to work on.
Anyway, that just about sums up the last month!